Are you looking for a dentist for advanced dentistry in Omaha? If you are having dental problems and need procedures like root canals, crowns, bridges, implants, cosmetic dentistry or other advanced dentistry issues, you may be wondering how to find a dentist that is experienced in handling these issues. Use this guide to help you find a dentist for advanced dentistry in Omaha.
- The best time to choose a dentist is before you need one. If you are dealing with a dental emergency, you won’t have the luxury of choosing the best dentist; you will take whoever can see you the soonest out of desperation. If you have moved to a new area or just haven’t seen a dentist in a while, it is best to do some research now and make an appointment with the dentist for a regular checkup. That way, you are an established patient and can get in to the office quickly in the event that a dental problem arises.
- Check online to find a dentist who is a member of the American Dental Association or American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. These websites list their members by area, so you can find a dentist near your home who is a member of these associations.
- Make sure that the dentist is certified in your state. Also, look in to the dentist’s training and credentials. You can find much of this information online through websites that review medical and dental providers. Many dentists even provide this information on their own business website.
- Call the local court and ask whether any cases of malpractice have been filed against the dentist. Ask about the status or disposition of these cases. Keep in mind that most practitioners face a lawsuit at some point in their career, so one case is not necessarily a sign that the dentist is unskilled, particularly if the case was found in favor of the dentist. However, if there is a long list of malpractice cases filed against a dentist, you may want to reconsider.
- Call the office, and ask to talk to or meet with the dentist. Ask him how much experience he has in performing the particular procedure that you need to have done. A dentist may have been in practice for many years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he has performed a certain procedure many times. If you know what service you need, make sure that your dentist is experienced in that service.
- Ask to see before and after photos of the service that you need. This provides you with a clear demonstration of the results that you can expect. A good dentist will be proud to show you photos of his work.
- Talk to former patients of the dentist. You can do this by talking to friends and family members and asking for recommendations of what dentist they like, or by going directly to the dentist and asking for references from his patients. Many dentists post testimonials from patients on their websites, and you can also get reviews from patients on the web through sites like www.dentist-ratings.net.
- Talk to the dentist’s office staff about financing options and payment arrangements. Of course, you should make sure that the dentist is part of your dental insurance network. For charges that exceed your dental insurance coverage, ask about the payment terms so that you are prepared to handle any charges.